Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Float Me Down the River

One of the best things about traveling is dining out at places that you wouldn't normally. Despite the fact that I am an American, I don't normally eat at A&W, the fast food chain that boasts selling "All American Food". So when Steven and I were visiting Toronto, I thought a small meal at A&W sounded great. Sure, they don't have much on the menu for vegetarians, but I could at least enjoy a delicious root beer float. Wrong.

It turns out that the famous A&W root beer float is no longer on the menu in Canada.Yes, really! So, basically Canada doesn't have A&W -- they have a fast food chain posing as A&W. I just don't understand. Aren't root beer floats what A&W is known for?

Okay, A&W. Here is an idea for you... Maybe you should give a bunch of Americans a free trip to Canada along with coupons to your restaurant. Why? Because I've lived in America my entire life and I've never really craved a root beer float. Then I went to Canada for 3 days and root beer floats are all I can think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment